HRDP: Human Resources Development Program
The Human Resources Development Program (HRDP) is an on-the-job early career development program that prepares participants for a dynamic career with International Paper. It is a challenging program designed to develop future HR leaders by enhancing skills and providing a variety of opportunities throughout the Enterprise. Participants fill HR Generalist roles with defined responsibilities, deliverables and projects. The HRDP is open to college graduates who have a passion for HR, leadership capability, and the desire to continuously grow their career.
Our Job is to Help You Succeed
When you join our Human Resources team, you will get true on-the-job training with varied learning experiences in one or more of our core businesses. The program provides career differentiating experiences, a mentor, coaching and formal training that will allow you to grow and learn during the three year program.
- Activities designed to enhance managerial and functional skill sets
- Understanding of the company’s businesses, markets, key customers and long-term strategies
- Well-defined responsibilities, deliverables and projects
- An environment that encourages diversity of thought and experience
- Opportunities to attend three annual Global HR Associate Summits—where you can interact with colleagues from around the world and the senior leadership team
Possible Career Paths
No two HR career paths are the same at International Paper. The HR Development Program will help you grow as a professional and prepare you to serve in HR leadership roles. While accelerating your career path, we will focus on your personal development through mentorship, networking, training and more. Possible career experiences may include:
- HR Business Partner
- HR Director
- Training & Development
- Talent Management
- HR Operations
- Employee and Labor Relations
Your Job is to Help Us Move Forward
Internships and full-time positions are generally filled on college campus each fall. We look for candidates that are strategic thinkers, exhibit great leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to flourish in a fast-paced work environment. Additionally, we seek highly motivated, engaged and action-oriented professionals who have completed or will be completing their Bachelor's or Master's in Human Resources with:
- Strong academic performance (Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater)
- Leadership potential and influencing capability
- Managerial courage, approachability, customer focus and organizational agility
- Strong interpersonal, conflict management, problem solving and functional/technical skills
- The ability to learn on the fly, take action, stand alone and drive for results
- HR internship experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Flexibility, as it relates to career development and relocation
- Permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Interested in learning more? Contact us at HRDPRecruiting@ipaper.com
After the Program
The end of the HR Development Program is just the beginning of your career. Your future experiences will be shaped by your interests, performance, development and International Paper’s business needs. After completing three-years in the HRDP, you will be equipped with new knowledge, enhanced skills, a robust network and on-the-job experiences to prepare you for a fulfilling career with International Paper.